Version Date: January 1, 2018
Information Collection and Use
In registering for and using the BCR websites, including but not limited to businesscreditreports.com and bcr.businesscreditreports.com, (collectively, the "Site") BCR will collect various contact, identifying and billing information from you. The type of information that may be collected, and the typical purpose for which it may be used, includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number and email address, which is used for authentication, billing and communication purposes. We may share this information with BCR affiliates, vendors and service providers in order to manage the Site and perform the Services;
- Type of Reports and Services purchased and when they were purchased.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment used to access, IP connections, and usage details such as the dates and times.
- Business identifying information provided by a third party; Internet tracking information associated with linking in from other websites and clicking on links provided on the Site.
- Information for billing purposes, including a credit card number to process Pay Per Report transactions.
- When registering for an account, BCR will request your name, company name, company telephone number and email address and Billing contact information.
BCR will not willfully disclose this information to a third party or use it for any other purpose except as required for: collection purposes for accounts in collection status; in connection with an audit of our systems; pursuant to a legal proceeding such as a subpoena; or as otherwise described herein. If you need to update your information please contact Service.
BCR may also disclose your information:
- To new or additional vendors for Services offered or for website management purposes;
- To a buyer, including a potential buyer, or other successor in the event of a merger, joint venture, partnership, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BCR's assets, whether as a going concern or otherwise in which information about you and your use of the Site is among the assets transferred; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by BCR at the time you provided the information.
When you become a registered user of these Services, you agree to the use of your information as described herein. Once you have registered for this Site we will retain your information indefinitely. BCR may share your information with affiliates and vendors who help manage and improve the Site and the Services offered. You cannot opt-out from sharing of information with the affiliates or vendors.
Communications from BCR
We will send you email communications periodically, even if you are not actively using the Services, unless you have opted-out, as described below. BCR will send you email communications for one or more of the following purposes:
- Regarding your account; in response to communications from you; regarding Services you have ordered; news and information about BCR services or special offers. You may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Offers and promotions from BCR and BCR affiliates. If you prefer not to receive emails regarding these offers and promotions please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link contained in the email, or contact Service to unsubscribe.
- Marketing emails with offers from third parties that BCR believes may be of interest to business owners or managers. If you have opted-in to receive these emails and want to opt-out please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link contained in the email, or contact Service to unsubscribe from third party offer and promotion emails.
We restrict access to the information you provide to BCR. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information you provide to BCR for your registration and use. When ordering online, we do not cache, or save, your personal identification information. Personal or secure information is encrypted during transmission and is stored on a secure server.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You established a password for your access to certain parts of the Site and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
BCR will do our best to protect your information, BCR cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Site. BCR is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Web Logs and Cookies
The webserver automatically records non-personal information, such as the date and time you visited our Site, the pages you visited, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer), and the type of operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 7).
Each time you log on, our server software sets a unique session ID known as a "cookie." It is passed back to the server for your subsequent activity, user ID, and criteria set information. The cookies are intended to save you time by allowing you to return to pages previously viewed. “Cookies” are temporary and will be automatically deleted at the end of each session.
Appropriate Business Use
Must be 18 years of age or older to use our site.