Free Tenant Screening Services
Free Residential and Commercial tenant screening for landlords, property managers, and agents
BCR Tenant Screening simplifies the tenant screening process by providing a secure online platform for requesting and viewing an applicant’s credit, criminal and eviction history. Commercial Tenant Screening includes a business credit check.
There’s no need to pull reports yourself. We handle the compliance and security, verifying each user and delivering the tools you need to select the best possible tenants.
- FREE to landlords and agents
- Soft inquiry on the applicant’s credit record
- Fully FCRA compliant
How It Works
BCR Tenant Screening revolutionizes tenant screening by putting the applicant in control. The reports are ordered and paid for by the applicant. This results in a 'soft' inquiry that doesn't hurt the applicant’s credit score. Then, applicants share their reports with you.
All parties have their identities verified through the credit bureau during the initial account creation. This allows BCR Tenant Screening to deliver reports without social security or account numbers, protecting applicants and landlords.
What You Get
Your applicant will receive the following reports and share them with you at no cost to you:
- Consumer credit report
- Criminal background check
- Eviction history report
Commercial applicants will also receive and share a BCR Advantage Pro report on their business. Advantage Pro is the most comprehensive multi-bureau business credit report available, with information from Experian, Dun & Bradstreet, and Equifax.
Note: Steps 1 & 2 are for Residential Tenant screening purposes or if you need a personal guarantee for Commercial Tenant screening. Steps 3-5 are only necessary when you need business credit information for commercial tenant screening.
For Residential Tenant Screening
- Head over to our BCR Tenant Screening Website for more information.
- Create your free BCR Tenant Screening account.
(It is absolutely free for landlords, property managers, and realtors.)
- Request an applicant’s credit report, criminal background check, and eviction history report using only their name and email address. Your applicant creates their account, purchases the reports you requested, and grants you private access.
For Commercial Tenant Screening
- Have your applicant create a BCR account.
- Request that they purchase an Advantage Pro report on their business using a credit card. This report is $56, and it contains commercial trade data from Experian, D&B, Equifax.
- Have your applicant email you the Advantage Pro report.